Arnold Salop Memorial Competition for Undergraduate Students
Philip Slates Memorial Competition for Graduate Students
Arnold Salop and Philip Slates were SCL members from some time in the past. They must have been beloved members, great leaders or highly active composers to have a competition named for them.
Submissions are now closed.
1) Submit one chamber music composition for 8 or fewer performers. It may be vocal, instrumental or electronic. Compositions may also combine acoustic and electroacoustic sounds. Works submitted must be original musical compositions which have received no previous award at the time of submission. Only one submission per student is allowed.
2) Composers who submit compositions must either (a) study with a person who is a member in good standing of SCL, or (b) become a student member of SCL. There are no other curricular or age restrictions.
3) A cash prize for First and Second place winners in each competition will be awarded. The judging panel reserves the right to grant no award.
4) Submissions must be received by noon eastern time, on 29 January 2017.
5) All submissions must be done electronically. Please submit one score in PDF format and one audio file, if available, in MP3 format. a) Complete the online application. b) Submit score in PDF format. c) Submit audio in MP3 format (optional)